Friday, April 17, 2015

Spring Detox Your Skin in 3 Easy Steps

Skin is your body's largest organ and come Spring it needs a little detox too.

Toxins from food, alcohol and the outside environment can get caught up in your skin, leaving it dull, dry and rough in spots. Before I continue to sound like a TV commercial for some chemical filled body lotion - lets get to the good part where you can bring your skin back to gorgeous naturally….















Here are 3 easy steps to detoxify your skin:
1. Dry Brush - I like to use those super sexy exfoliating gloves before I get in the shower and gently rub my whole body in small circles. I start at my legs and work up to my heart, spending a bit more time on any rough areas. Then I go to each arm starting at the fingers and working my way back in to my heart. Once my whole body is done I jump in the shower. Dry brushing removes dead skin cells, clarifying the skin, so that new cells can grow in their place. It also increases blood circulation which is detoxifying for your body.

2. A warm bath + 3 cups epsom salts, 5 drops organic lavender oil, 3 drops organic eucalyptus oil. Soak for 20-30 minutes. The key is to use really warm water but not steaming hot - you don't want to dry your skin out. The epsom salts will pull toxins from your skin. Lavender oil is very clarifying and the eucalyptus will clear your airways allowing for some deep cleansing breaths. You release 70% of the toxins in your body through your breath - take some really deep inhales through your nose and equally as long exhales out your mouth. Relax. Enjoy. When you are done soaking, be sure to take a quick shower to rinse off your skin.

3. Drink up - water that is. A lot. Water flushes out your body. It keeps you hydrated and keeps your bathroom habits regular - getting those toxins released from your body. For some extra detoxing benefits add a couple squeezes of lemon and some ginger slices to your water to invigorate your liver.


No comments:

Post a Comment