Thursday, September 3, 2015

Peaches & Greens Smoothie

I love a good green smoothie!

It gives me tons of energy and I know it is doing so much good stuff to my cells inside - like fighting cancer, improving my immune function, using antioxidants to fight free radicals and giving me the fibre and protein I need to be productive and focussed.

Since it is peach season I thought what better way to sweeten up my greens than with one of these fuzzy little fruits.

I have found the best way to use them in a smoothie is to freeze them. Its great to stock up on peaches now, since they are in season, and freeze them so that you always have them later in the year when they aren't as readily available and not as delicious!

I like to use organic peaches as they are really high up on the "dirty dozen" list. If you don't have access to organic, make sure to really wash them well or even peel them before freezing.

If you want this smoothie now! and don't have a peach in the freezer - no problem - just add a couple more ice cubes...

Enjoy!



Peaches & Greens Smoothie
5 large kale leaves washed and torn (organic if possible)
1 frozen organic peach
5 ice cubes
1 scoop vanilla brown rice protein powder ( I use Sun Warrior brand)
1 Tbsp hemp seeds
2 cups unsweetened almond milk

Blend it all in a blender until it is well mixed.

Sending you sunshine, happiness and green smoothie love,
Kim

Love this healthy recipe? 
Want vegan recipes delivered to your inbox? 



No comments:

Post a Comment